At Settle College we aim to offer as wide a range of extra-curricular activities as possible, including during lunchtimes, after school and through trips and visits. This allows us to extend our students’ experiences beyond the taught curriculum, giving them the opportunity to develop skills and confidence in a range of different areas including academic, cultural and sports.
This year has seen an expansion in both the range and number of lunchtime and after school clubs, which can be seen by clicking on the following link:
The timetable is updated half termly to allow for staff to offer a wider range where needed.
Regular attendance at clubs is recognised through the Settle College Diploma and is a valuable part of our students’ personal development during their time in school. Students in year 12 and 13 also participate in an enrichment programme which gives them opportunities to work within the school, for example as reading buddies to younger students, or supporting lessons within subject departments.
We also encourage students to participate in school trips and visits as much as possible- there is a huge range on offer, including curriculum- led trips, careers visits, rewards and enrichment events, sports trips, overseas visits and competitions.
This academic year students across the school will have the opportunity to participate in amongst other things-
- Geography trips to Chester Zoo, Ingleborough Cave and Helwith Bridge quarries, Liverpool Docks, Malham, Cranedale Field Centre and Saltaire
- Sixth form Enrichment trips to Berlin and Iceland
- Lower school ski trip at Easter
- Drama visits to see “Blood Brothers” and “Charlie and the Chocolate Factory”
- Arts trips to the Yorkshire Sculpture Park and the Leeds Art Gallery
- Work experience for Years 10 and 12
- Trips to visit Universities and Colleges
- Rewards trips to venues such as the Trafford Centre, Bowling and Blackpool Pleasure Beach