Principal's Letter February 2014
Please click here to read the Principal's Letter.
GCSE Results 2013
Congratulations to Year 11 students who have produced an exceptional set of GCSE results. With 91% of students gaining five or more GCSEs at grades C or above and 61% gaining five A* to C grades including English and Maths. These results are testament to their hard work and dedication. We are very proud of them all - well done!
New Student and Parent Information
- 12th March, Y10 Parents' Evening 4.30-6.30pm Upper School Hall.
- 20th March, Y12/13 Parents' Evening 4.30-6.30pm.
- 26th March, Y11/12 Oxbridge Conference Haydock Park.
- 3rd April, 6.00pm Parent Partnership group in the conference room.
- 5th April, college closed for Easter.
- Thursday 6th March - Year 7 and 8 RFU West Yorkshire Girls Rugby Competition at Skipton Rugby Club
- Thursday 6th March - Year 9 and 10 RFU West Yorkshire Girls Rugby competition at Skipton Rugby Club
- Monday 10th March - Year 10 Boys Football Harrogate and Craven Cup second round v Ermysted's Grammar School hosted by Settle College 3.30pm KO
- Tuesday 11th March - Year 11 Girls Rugby League Yorkshire rounds Tournament
- Thursday 13th March - Year 10 Girls Rugby League Yorkshire rounds Tournament
- Friday 14th - Year 7 & 8 Rugby Union Tournament
- Friday 14th March - Young leaders to referee at the Jonny Walker Rugby Festival at Giggleswick School
FACEBOOK AND BULLYING
There is a lot in the media about Facebook and Cyber bullying at the moment. Read more...
Looking for something, use the search feature.
Welcome to Settle College
It is an absolute honour and privilege for me to be Principal of such a successful, vibrant and thriving school. Settle College is a happy school community where innovation, creativity, enterprise and a sense of fun and enjoyment is encouraged, valued and celebrated. We recognise each student as an individual and every single student brings their own unique personality, skills, talents and interests. Academic success is important but so is our commitment to ensuring that students develop the skills that will prepare them for life-long learning in a rapidly changing world; confident in their ability to meet any challenges ahead enabling every student to succeed and achieve their full potential.
Settle College is an 11-19 comprehensive school. Founded in 1907 as Settle Girls' High School, in 1959 we became Settle High School, one of the first comprehensive schools in the UK. Our name changed again to Settle College in 2004 when the school gained Technology College status. We have recently completed a £2.5 million refurbishment programme which includes a suite of state of the art Science labs.
At Settle College high quality teaching and learning is at the heart of everything we do, combined with exceptional pastoral support to meet the individual needs of every student. We place a strong emphasis on high standards of behaviour, respect and courtesy. Our innovative Key Stage 4 curriculum allows students the opportunity to study a wide range of GCSE and vocational courses from Year 9 onwards. We also offer a full and diverse range of extra-curricular activities ranging from sport, dance and drama, to name a few.
We are more than happy for visitors to come and see the school in action. If you would like a tour of the school during the working day please do not hesitate to contact us. We look forward to welcoming you to Settle College.