A designated fund for Year 7 catch-up is no longer granted, but this section of the website will be updated during 2020/21.
The Year 7 Catch up fund is used to support students in Maths and English. The allocation for 2018/19 is £5,727 and supports 32 students.
Current interventions funded are:
– Group tuition and 1-1 tuition for targeted students, led by an English tutor
– Reading scheme supporting students on a one-to-one programme to enable students to improve their reading age.
– Group tuition and 1-1 tuition for targeted students, led by a Mathematics tutor.
Impact Analysis to March 2019
- Year 7 catch up premium is being used to support 32 Settle College Year 7 students. 12 students receive support in both English and Maths, 13 students receive support in English only and 8 students receive support in Maths only. 32% of year 7 access catch -up funding.
- In Maths 32% of catch-up students have improved on their baseline ‘within set’ ranking in all 3 tests since commencing mentoring lessons. 84% have improved their ranking in at least one test. The average predicted key stage 3 outcome for the Maths catch-up students exceeding their aspirational target and has increased from November to January.
- In English 50% of catch-up students have improved their reading ages since commencing mentoring lessons. We are still awaiting results for the remainder of the students. The average predicted key stage 3 outcome for the English catch-up students exceeds their aspirational target.
|Pupil Premium Used For||Amount Allocated||Amount spent to March 2019||Comments|
|Sixth Form reading buddy||£ –||£ –|
|Lifeboat Reading Scheme||£ –||£ –|
|Handwriting Support||£ –||£ –|
|Sixth form support in Class||£ –||£ –|
|Computerised assessment of ability and progress in Literacy||£425||£425|
|Library Intervention Sessions + Reading Booster||£855.35||£498.95||1 hour per week|
|Vulnerable student support at breaks and lunchtimes||£552.22||£322.13||1 hours per week re TA Support|
|Tutor intervention – English –||£1,864.20||£1087.45||£75 per fortnight – English Teacher|
|Tutor intervention – Maths –||£1,864.20||£1087.45||£75.00 per fortnight – Maths Teacher|
|Reading Scheme||£ –||£ –||Accelerated Reader|
- “Hub” support
- Homework Club
- Sixth Form support