Click to view the Year 10 and 11 OPTIONS SUBJECTS PAGE
The table below gives information about the work being set for year 11 in the core subject areas, including the frequency at which work is being set. There is also information about how the students should submit their work and the feedback they can expect to receive.
|Subject||Information about work set||Frequency of setting work||Marking expectations||Any other relevant information|
|English||Mrs Lewis will set all year 11 students English language and literature exam papers to complete.||Students will be set papers in advance, although there will be a deadline on ClassCharts to work to for each set of papers.||Every two weeks, students should email their teacher one question from the completed papers to be marked. The others should be self-marked using the mark schemes provided.|
|Maths||The students’ work follows our usual program of study.
Mostly interactive: MyMaths, Mathspad, Mangahigh, Seneca.
Additional HL booklets will be set, ideally printed or work from screen, on paper. Also, past exam papers: papers, MS, worked solutions to be available on ‘Home access plus’. Bridging materials likely too for potential sixth form students.
|On the days where students were due to have the lesson, sometimes by two teachers if shared.||MyMaths, Mathspad, Manga, Seneca high will self-mark.
HL answers will be provided the following week, attached to ClassCharts, or via email.
|There is an outline of our Program of Study on the College website.|
|PE||Students will be set work weekly through ClassCharts. Work set will be in the form of exercise plans/videos for students to complete at home||Weekly. At the start of the week with the idea that students are doing something active every day.||Students will have completed an initial fitness testing table that they update weekly. This is to be sent in fortnightly to their PE teacher.|
|Science||Revision work will be set on ClassCharts and is expected to be completed, especially in line with teacher predictions taking into account student work/revision.||This will be set for the lesson you have that day.
|The class teacher will identify on ClassCharts which task is to be returned for feedback. This will be approximately every 6 lessons.|
- GCSEPod – There is plenty on GCSEPod for English Language and Literature.
- Seneca Learning – Log on and find AQA Literature. All the core texts are there: An Inspector Calls, Romeo and Juliet, A Christmas Carol, Power and Conflict poetry and Blood Brothers.
- Use this link to access past papers for Language or Literature: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/gcse.
Email your class teachers directly if you complete any exam questions from the above site.
- Follow this YouTube link to visual guides and discussions through different texts and papers:
- Please make sure you use your GCSE Language REVISE workbooks.
We will post specific work, if required, on the website or via group email or class charts, or by setting tasks on MyMaths or SENECA. This may also involve access to HAP for e.g. Home learning documents
Set 1-5 are currently studying topics at the end of the linear calculator course list whilst also beginning past paper revision in class.
- Click to view:
GCSE Formulas to learn
GCSE OCR J560 Checklist of all topics
- Students should be familiar with revision resources on the school’s public drive (p:drive) in a folder titled ‘Y11 Revision Resources.’ Here there is access to past papers (+worked solutions and markschemes), formula sheet and a simplified overview of the GCSE course specification).
- MyMaths – online lessons followed by online homework questions. www.mymaths.co.uk
- Seneca may have been used by certain members of staff with some groups – www.senecalearning.com
- GCSEpod – videos to help with revision/ understanding of topics
- Corbettmaths – www.corbettmaths.com unrestricted access to videos, worksheets etc.
- Miss B Resources – www.missbresource.com
- Mathspad – www.mathspad.co.uk some students may have logins depending on teacher. Otherwise free interactive resources and worksheets are accessible.
- Transum website – unrestricted access to topics, online questions and exam style question practise www.transum.org
All work to be set via ClassCharts – work set will be based around exercise in your home.
Whilst we are all off school it is very important that we try and stay as active as we can. There may be some of you who cannot leave your house and others who can. Those who are lucky enough to be able to go out please make the most of this. The best work we can set as a PE Department is to go out for a run, walk, cycle. The physical and mental benefits of exercise are highlighted below and it will be more important than ever that we try our best to remain fit and healthy during this period.
As a department we will be providing resources and ideas for you to stay active in your own home. Bravely – Miss Farrar has opened a Youtube channel that she will upload workouts to for you all to try in your house. We will also be sending out specific work/ideas to you via ClassCharts.
Lessons will be set by the designated teacher of that class on ClassCharts, and will include instructions, resources and tasks to complete.
Year 11 have currently finished the GCSE specification and are expected to be revising. In class we have outlined the ‘flight plan’ for this revision so students should be confident with this. Students have been instructed to take their revision folders and materials home in preparation for the school closing. If they do not have these, that is a conscious decision on their part.
Students should know their entry tier- if you are unsure of this, please contact Mr Langan at mailto:email@example.com
At GCSE, students follow the 21st century science B specification (9-1) from 2019. The specification for the content shown below is available from the following links.
Combined science specification – 11s3,4,5 and certain students from sets 1 and 2.
Students are also able to access a variety of online resources- SENECA is an online learning platform that students have access to, as well as GCSEpod, moodle and BBC bitesize. The textbook(s) are available from kerboodle- students have access to this and should know their usernames and passwords. Should they not they can contact me on the email address above. If they have logged in before but forgotten their password, they can reset via the on screen instructions. Students may have revision guides which they can use.
- Seneca https://www.senecalearning.com/
- GCSEpod https://www.gcsepod.com/
- Moodle http://moodle.settlecollege.org.uk/login/index.php
- BBC bitesize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize
- Kerboodle- access to online textbook available from https://www.kerboodle.com