The aim of the school is to have a smart and practical uniform which students are proud to wear. We believe that high standards of personal appearance indicate high standards in all other matters.
Appropriate action will be taken to ensure, that in the interest of the students, these standards are maintained.
School uniform must be worn by all students when attending school at any time, unless specified (e.g. on some school visits).
Our uniform items are produced by well-known manufacturers and can be purchased through:
MC Sports 15-17 Sackville Street, Skipton, BD23 2PB
Tel: 01756 791688
Skip to School 32-34 Water Street, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 1PB
Tel: 01756 229002
Any families with particular difficulties with regards to uniform should contact Student Services.
- Key Stage 3 and 4 Uniform
Key Stage 3 and Key Stage 4 Students
- Black jacket with College logo
- Formal white shirt, short or long sleeved
- Black tailored trousers
- Black pleated skirt or tailored trousers (skirts must be of an appropriate length for school i.e. knee length)
- College tie with house stripe
- Black socks
- Black belt – optional
- Black v-neck pullover with College logo – optional
Footwear should be plain black, flat or low heels. Please note that boots, plimsolls, canvas shoes, trainers and backless or toeless shoes are not appropriate footwear for school. Some sport shops have certain sections that state ‘school shoes’, however these do not fit within our policy.
Hairstyles should not be extreme and colourful hair dyes must not be used. Hair, if longer than shoulder length, should be tied back in practical subjects. Make-up and coloured nail varnish must not be worn.
A wristwatch and a single pair of gold or silver studs in the ear lobes may be worn.
All uniform items must be clearly named.
Students and parents / carers should assume that any specific items of clothing or jewellery not mentioned above are not allowed, unless specific permission has been granted.
- PE Kit
Physical Education Kit – All Students
- Navy and white polo shirt with College logo
- Navy & white reversible rugby shirt (girls and boys)
- Navy & white skort/shorts
- Navy & white games socks (compulsory for Rugby/Hockey and Football)
- White trainer/ankle socks
- Swim wear for year 7 only – one piece swimsuits for girls.
- Rugby warm-up top (optional but hoodies are not permitted for Rugby/Netball)
- Navy & white hoodie with College logo – optional (no other hoodies permitted)
- Shin pads (compulsory for Football and Hockey)
- Gumshield (recommended)
- Layers worn underneath MUST be black/navy blue (leggings may be worn AS WELL as the College skort)
Footwear depends on the sport for the term: rugby/football boots, (MUST be worn for rugby and football) non-marking trainers (no Converse or plimsoll style shoes).
For the time being, on days when students have PE they are to come to school wearing their PE kit, with their normal school uniform in their bag. Students will only change out of their PE kit after their PE lesson if they need to due to being wet, muddy etc.
- Dress for Sixth Form
Sixth Form Students
Applying to all:
- Smart trousers with a shirt (short or long sleeved). A jumper/cardigan can also be worn and a tie/suit jacket is optional.
- Polo shirts are not allowed.
- Skirts and dresses should be of an appropriate length.
- Shirt/blouse with no exposed shoulders or cleavage.
- Leggings may be worn but with a ‘tunic’ of an appropriate length.
- Students should have a formal jacket to wear during formal occasions.
- Extreme hair styles, including unnatural hair colours e.g pink/blue/purple are not permitted.
- No facial piercings.
- Tattoos should not be visible.
- Natural make up.
The following items are not allowed:
- Trainers, plimsolls and ‘Ugg-style’ boots. Smart boots can be worn.
- Shorts – unless tailored and just above the knee.
- Hoodies – this includes wearing a hoodie around school instead of a coat.
- Outdoor coats should not be worn around the college.
- Combat trousers and Jeans or ‘Jeans-style’ trousers.
- Tops with ‘large’ logos or inappropriate signage.
- Leggings with just a T-Shirt.
- Denim clothing.
- Caps or hats should not be worn in the school building.