Click to view the Year 10 and 11 OPTIONS SUBJECTS PAGE
The table below gives information about the work being set for year 10 in the core subject areas, including the frequency at which work is being set. There is also information about how the students should submit their work and the feedback they can expect to receive.
|Subject||Information about work set||Frequency of setting work||Marking expectations||Any other relevant information|
|English||Mrs Lewis will set all year 10 work through ClassCharts, to include small tasks, activities and exam paper practice.||Students will be set tasks every week to cover work for all lessons that week.||Every two weeks, students should email the task specified on ClassCharts for marking to their main teacher.|
|Maths||The students’ work follows our usual program of study.
Mostly interactive: MyMaths, Mathspad, Mangahigh, Seneca.
Additional HL booklets will be set, ideally printed or work from screen, on paper.
|On the days where students were due to have the lesson, sometimes by two teachers if shared.||MyMaths, Mathspad, Manga, Seneca high will self-mark.
HL answers will be provided the following week, attached to ClassCharts, or via email.
|There is an outline of our Program of Study on the College website.|
|PE||Students will be set work weekly through ClassCharts. Work set will be in the form of exercise plans/videos for students to complete at home||Weekly. At the start of the week with the idea that students are doing something active every day.||Students will have completed an initial fitness testing table that they update weekly. This is to be sent in fortnightly to their PE teacher.|
|Science||Year 10 students will be set work by their class teachers on ClassCharts. As classes have separate science teachers, students will receive 3 sets of science work.||This will be set for the lesson you have that day.
|The class teacher will identify on ClassCharts which task is to be returned for feedback. This will be approximately every 6 lessons.|
- GCSE Pod has plenty of content for both Language and Literature.
- Log onto Seneca learning and find AQA Literature. All the core texts are there: An Inspector Calls, Romeo and Juliet, A Christmas Carol, Power and Conflict poetry and Blood Brothers.
- Use the link to access past papers for Language or Literature: https://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/english/gcse
Email class teachers directly if you complete any exam questions from the above site.
- A useful YouTube link to visual guides and discussions through different texts and papers: https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mr+bruff
- Please make sure you use your GCSE Language REVISE workbooks.
We will post specific work, if required, on the website or via group email or class charts, or by setting tasks on MyMaths or SENECA. This may also involve access to HAP for e.g. Home learning documents
Set 1-2 follow higher tier and are currently studying topics in the first half of unit C.
Set 3-4 follow foundation tier and are currently studying topics at the end of unit B/ beginning of unit C.
- MyMaths – online lessons followed by online homework questions. www.mymaths.co.uk
- Corbettmaths – www.corbettmaths.com unrestricted access to videos, worksheets etc.
- GCSEpod – videos to help with revision/ understanding of topics
- Mathspad – www.mathspad.co.uk some students may have logins depending on teacher. Otherwise free interactive resources and worksheets are accessible.
- Seneca may have been used by certain members of staff with some groups – www.senecalearning.com
- Transum website – unrestricted access to topics, online questions and exam style question practise www.transum.org
- Miss B Resources – www.missbresource.com
All work to be set via ClassCharts – work set will be based around exercise in your home.
Whilst we are all off school it is very important that we try and stay as active as we can. There may be some of you who cannot leave your house and others who can. Those who are lucky enough to be able to go out please make the most of this. The best work we can set as a PE Department is to go out for a run, walk, cycle. The physical and mental benefits of exercise are highlighted below and it will be more important than ever that we try our best to remain fit and healthy during this period.
As a department we will be providing resources and ideas for you to stay active in your own home. Bravely – Miss Farrar has opened a Youtube channel that she will upload workouts to for you all to try in your house. We will also be sending out specific work/ideas to you via ClassCharts.
Lessons will be set by the designated teacher of that class on ClassCharts, and will include instructions, resources and tasks to complete.
Year 10 are currently well underway with the GCSE specification- classes are following either B3, B4, C4 or P6. The topics here do not need to be outlined as they follow the specification. The class you are in will determine your tier;
- 10s1 are currently studying separate science- all content on the chemistry, physics and biology specifications linked below is applicable. Topics B4,C4 and P6
- 10s2 are currently studying higher combined science – content on the combined science link below. Content covered is everything both bold and non bold. Topics B4, C4 and P6
10s3 and 4 are currently studying foundation combined science – content on the combined science link below. Content covered is everything that is not in bold.
- 10s3- topics B4, C4 and P6
- 10s4-Topics B3, C4 and B4
At GCSE, students follow the 21st century science B specification (9-1) from 2019.
Combined science specification – 10s2,3,4
Other Science resources:
Students are also able to access a variety of online resources – SENECA is an online learning platform that students have access to, as well as GCSEpod, moodle and BBC bitesize. The textbook(s) are available from kerboodle- students have access to this and should know their usernames and passwords. Should they not they can contact Mr Langan firstname.lastname@example.org. If they have logged in before but forgotten their password, they can reset via the on screen instructions.
- Seneca https://www.senecalearning.com/
- GCSEpod https://www.gcsepod.com/
- Moodle http://moodle.settlecollege.org.uk/login/index.php
- Kerboodle- access to online textbook available from https://www.kerboodle.com