The Year 7 Catch up fund is used to support students in Maths and English. The allocation for 2017/18 is £6,691 and supports 51 students.
Current interventions funded are:
– Group tuition and 1-1 tuition for targeted students, led by an English tutor
– Reading scheme supporting students on a one-to-one programme to enable students to improve their reading age.
– Group tuition and 1-1 tuition for targeted students, led by a Mathematics tutor.
2017-18 Impact Analysis
- Year 7 Catch Up Premium was used to support 26 Settle College Year 7 students (8 students received support in both English and Maths, 11 pupils received support only in English and 7 pupils in only mathematics). 23% of year 7 accessed Year 7 Catch up funding.
- The College delivered tailored support to meet the Literacy & Numeracy needs of students who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of key stage 2 (KS2).
- The college was allocated £6,500 for Year 7 Catch Up in the academic year 2016/17
|Pupil Premium Used For||Amount Allocated||Amount spent to August 2018||Comments|
|Sixth Form reading buddy||£ –||£ –|
|Lifeboat Reading Scheme||£ –||£ –|
|Handwriting Support||£ –||£ –|
|Sixth form support in Class||£ –||£ –|
|Computerised assessment of ability and progress in Literacy||£ 425||£ 425|
|Library Intervention Sessions||£ 855.35||£ 736.54||1 hour per week|
|Vulnerable student support at breaks and lunchtimes||£ 1,104.44||£ 850.13||2 hours per week re TA Support|
|Dictionaries||£ 212.50||£ 212.50|
|Tutor intervention – English –||£ 1,864.20||£ 1,957.41||£75 per fortnight – English Teacher|
|Tutor intervention – Maths –||£ 1,864.20||£ 1957.41||£75.00 per fortnight – Maths Teacher|
|Reading Booster 1:1||£ 552.00||£ 552.00||1 hour per week re TA Support|
|Reading Scheme||£ –||£ –||Accelerated Reader|
|Total||£ 6,877.69||£ 6,690.99|
Read about the strategies implemented and the impact of Year 7 Catch Up Funding here:
- “Hub” support
- Homework Club
- Sixth Form support