The last day of the summer term is Friday, 17th July.
As in previous years there will be an early finish at 12.20pm with buses scheduled to depart at 12.30pm, students travelling on the Kirkby Lonsdale Coaches service bus to Ingleton, Clapham and Austwick will travel home with Bibby’s. If this arrangement poses child care problems please contact the relevant Pastoral Officer and arrangements will be made to supervise the student in school until 3.20pm.
Please note that the only buses on that day will be at 12.30pm and if students are remaining in College you will need to make alternative transport arrangements.
Those students who are entitled to a free school meal will be able to collect a sandwich from the Lower School canteen at morning break; however these will need to be pre-ordered. Please contact the relevant Pastoral Officer if you wish your child to have a sandwich as their free school meal on this day.
The Pastoral Officers are:
• Years 7 & 8 Mrs Todd (email@example.com)
• Years 9 & 10 Mrs Lambert (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Year 11 Mrs Walker (email@example.com)
To ensure consistency of dress for Settle College students the following uniform stipulations must be adhered to:
• Boys: black tailored trousers
• Girls: black pleated skirt or tailored trousers (skirts must be of knee length)
• Footwear should be plain black, flat or low heels. Please note that boots, plimsolls, canvas shoes, trainers and backless or toeless shoes are not appropriate footwear for school.
• Hairstyles should not be extreme and colourful hair dyes must not be used.
• Make-up and coloured nail varnish must not be worn.
The full uniform list and addresses of suppliers can be found here.
Department for Education Updates on Attendance
From September 2015, the Department for Education have decided to raise the threshold for Persistent Absentees from 85% to 90% attendance. For those students whose attendance falls below 90% the College may follow the directive to initiate legal proceedings dependent on the circumstances for the individual case.
Start of term arrangements:
Students starting Years 7 and 12 will come into school on Wednesday, 9th September and students in the other year groups will return on Thursday, 10th September.
We wish you all a very enjoyable summer and look forward to seeing the students in September.