Due to the level of interest shown for the Maths workshop scheduled for Thursday, 5th February, we have decided to split the event into two separate evenings one for Key Stage 3 and one for Key Stage 4. The Key Stage 3 workshops will still go ahead on Thursday, 5th February as originally planned but the Key Stage 4 workshops (Years 9, 10, 11) will now take place on Thursday, 5th March.
The workshop is intended to give a taster of some of our approaches to teaching and learning, in order that parents can support students in their learning at home. The workshop is aimed at parents and carers, however we do understand that you may wish bring your son/daughter to the workshops to work on the activities with you.
The outline of the evening is as follows:
• Introduction and starter activity
• Guide to MyMaths (to support students and own maths) and some other useful websites
• Guide to essential Moodle resources
• Home Learning structure at KS3 and 4 in particular
• Importance/connection with learning and target (grades)
• Format and requirements (to support students)
• Maths pack (Calculator +equipment/pencil case) and the need to have a standard format
• Recommended GCSE revision materials
• CGP revision pack (Maths buster)
• OCR revision guides
• Mathswatch mediaclips (DVD, CD)
• Plenary, opportunity to ask questions
Please let us know as soon as possible if you would like to attend, by completing the reply slip in the letter to parent/carers.